1. Be your own Cleaner: Wasting money on expensive commercial glass cleaners is useless. You can be an excellent and highly effective glass cleaner at home for less cost. Use the below mentioned homemade glass cleaner to clean mirrors and windows.
Combine 2 tablespoons ammonia, 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol and 1/4 teaspoon mild non-antibacterial dish washing liquid. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into a rinsed, recycled spray bottle. Then spray it on windows, just as you would commercial glass cleaner, and wipe.
2. Keep some Newspaper Handy– Turn unseen spots, smears and dirt into yesterday’s news by spraying the windows with homemade glass cleaner, followed by dry wiping with crumpled newspaper.
This will leave your windows sparkling and lint-free at less or almost no cost. Or you can directly dip the crumpled newspaper into a bucket of the homemade cleaner while wearing rubber or vinyl gloves, followed by wiping with the wet newspaper, and lastly use dry sheets of newspaper to dry and polish the windows.
3. Modern Alternative: Paper Coffee filters:A slightly more modern convenient, inexpensive, lint-free alternative to cleaning mirrors or windows with newspaper is to use paper coffee filters.
They are absorbent and won’t leave your windows with a fuzzy coat — or spoil your hands with ink stains like newspaper will. Dip the filters into a bucket of the homemade cleaner while wearing rubber or vinyl gloves, wipe the windows clean and then dry the windows off with a new, dry filter.
4. Using Erasers: Blackboard erasers can give you crystal-clear windows. After washing and drying your windows with either newspaper or coffee filters (see preceding hints), run a clean, dry blackboard eraser over the windows to remove any streaks and give them a diamond-sparkling shine.
5. Say no to Direct Sunlight:Whatever way you choose, avoid cleaning windows when the sun is shining directly on the glass or when there’s a warm, dry wind. While you might yearn to see the sun to shining through your newly crystal-clear window, if the glass warms too much while the windows are wet, it’ll dry the cleaner before you’ve had a chance to wipe the window clean.
While you become your home’s window and mirror cleaner for some days, you can also take professional tips and help for house decoration from some of the reputed Cardiff cleaners for sparkling and dust-free windows and glasses.